About the Role
Reporting to the manager of the Private Equity group specific job duties of the Analyst will include:
• Developing detailed financial models for financings
• Deal execution and on-going portfolio management
• Assisting in due diligence for potential new investments, including market research and analysis of industry trends, financial modeling, and valuation
• Analyzing operational forecasts and budgets for active and potential investments
• Developing presentation materials for the firm and its portfolio companies
• Tracking industry statistics and maintaining quarterly and semi-annual internal databases
• Supporting new acquisitions post-investment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor's degree required. Financial or Accounting degree preferred.
Two years of financial experience in a similar industry and functional role
Excellent analytical, research, and organizational skills
Superior work ethic, strong desire to learn, and uncompromising attention to detail
Collaborative and proactive approach with the confidence and capability to act autonomously
Knowledge of valuation methodologies
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel with significant financial modeling experience
Experience preparing detailed financial models and company business valuations including in-depth experience forecasting balance sheets, statements of cash flow, and statements of profit and loss, including the linking of all three statements in one dynamic model
Travel for new investment opportunities or portfolio company support
Full understanding of financial statements
Self-motivated with high degree of critical thinking, proactive mentality, and desire to work in an unstructured, entrepreneurial environmentt
High level of integrity with strong references
Outstanding written and oral communication skills